Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Worship God for Who He is

When we worship God only for what He’s done for us without rejoicing in God Himself and Who He is, I wonder if we run the risk of worshipping ourselves--starting to think and say, “God, you get value by doing things for me” instead of “God, you are eternally valuable in who You are and I get my value by belonging to You”

Yes, I know in most cases, what God does for us is inexorably tied to who He is- He can't create us, save us, guide us or bless us unless He's God. And He deserves thanks and praise for all of those. We should continue to rejoice in all of those.

But always remember that even if He had done none of that, He's still God, He's still infinite, still completely good, and worthy of worship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment